Is there anything better than banana bread in the oven?
Our Foodie-blogger (Eat Drink Savor Repeat) was debating if she should go the peanut butter and chocolate chip route or honey walnut, and she settled on the latter (which just means she’ll have to save some bananas to bake up a new kind!). She loved the crunch of the walnuts and floral notes that the honey added. Whilst best straight out of the oven, the loaf freezes well to be enjoyed at a later date, like when you’re skiing up in Vermont. Using SoulBee powered honey, this Honey Walnut Banana Bread is a fun take on your standard loaf.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a loaf/bread pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add bananas through flour and mix well. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased or lined loaf pan and top with 1 T of extra walnuts and sprinkle with honey flakes (optional).
- Bake for 35-45 min until bread is firm, crunchy and golden on top.
- Cool completely before slicing to let bread firm up.